1.01.2014

Celebrate Today

HaPpY nEw YeAr to YOU!  Did you have a fun time ringing in the new year last night?  Everyone but the animals enjoyed it at our house.  Poor little Bella and Sasha do not like fireworks and they went off every hour, at least, for about 6 hours.  

Welcome 2014!

Towards the end of last year I was having an online discussion about embossing paste with some of my StampNation sistahs.  If you haven't heard of embossing paste, you will.  It's one of the hottest trends in paper crafting right now.   Around that time my friend Kristie received the gifting ball and she passed the ball on to me with a jar of Wendy Vecchi Metallic Gold embossing paste inside.  I squealed when I opened the package.    :)

Embossing paste reminds me a little bit of whipped frosting.  The metallic gold I used here is a bit softer than that.  The white paste I bought from Add A Little Dazzle is a bit fluffier.   To make my card I laid a damask metal stencil over my white cardstock, then I plopped the embossing paste on top and spread it with an offset spatula.  (the kind you find in the cake decorating aisle)


As you can see I am a long way from perfecting this technique.  Some of the paste seeped beneath my stencil.  I'm not sure why.  Perhaps I should watch the video Monica sent me as a prize and learn how to use this properly.  :)  I like the look though.  I didn't expect it to be perfect.



The center panel was embossed with gold embossing powder.  Then I stamped Iluminate ink with one of my Gorgeous Grunge stamps.  (I LOVE that stamp set!)   The finishing touch was to add my new Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape to the center panel as well as on the inside of the card.

On Sunday I will share with you my thoughts on the new year and some new goals.  For this first post of the new year I will let you in on one of them, enter more challenges!  They really do get my mojo flowing.  I'm linking this card up with the Friday Mashup Challenge.   Don't you just love the bling on those shoes?!  The challenge was to make a project with some glitter/shimmer/bling.   It feels like all my cards lately have a little bit of that on them.  


Happy New Year again to you and yours!  May this year be a year of creativity and joy!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stampin' UP & Other Supplies Used
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Perfectly Penned
Ink: Versamark, Illuminate Glimmer Pad
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White
Misc: Damask Metal Stencil (DreamWeavers), Metallic Gold Embossing Paste (Wendi Vechi), Gold Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape (DU)

3 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Just beautiful! The gold embossing paste adds such shimmer. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Kristie Goulet said...

Oooh! Love that gold embossing paste! I need to get some now. :) Happy you enjoyed using it and can't wait to see you use it more. Great card!!!

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love the gold emboss. Sparkly and perfect for the new year! And yes . . . the fireworks were not appreciated by my pups either.

Happy New Year!