1.29.2014

Keep Swimming

When I saw this adorable little turtle stamp at Lil' Inker I just knew I had to buy him and color him.   Isn't this just the cutest?!  Now I need to buy more greens, yellow and brown so I can color him the way I really want to.


Obviously I am just a beginner with Copics and have a lot to learn, but I'm still having fun.  I accidently grabbed my darker green when coloring his little neck to blend out from the shadows and couldn't fix it.  How do you fix such a mistake? He looks a little funny, but I think the person I send this card to won't mind.


The little clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh remind me of air bubbles and add just a touch of dimension to this card.   The sketch I used came from CAS(E) this Sketch.

CTS#61
Isn't it perfect for my colored image?   I thought about tying burlap ribbon or twine under the picture, but wanted to keep it "clean" for the CAS challenge.


If you are looking for a card you can send to the boys, this one is it.  Nothing frilly and pink about it.  ;)   It's not "masculine" though so it can go either way.  What I love most about this card is that the sentiment fits when "Get Well Soon" just doesn't.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Supplies

Stamps: Sea Turtle (Lil' Inker) 
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Daffodil Delight (SU), Tempting Turquoise (SU)
Copics: W1, B0000, B02, BV23, G28, G29, RV29, RV91, YG63, YG67
Paper: Glistening 6x6 pad (Authentique), Early Espresso (SU), Sahara Sand (SU)
Accesories: Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

7 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Gosh, Heather this little turtle is adorable!! Love the little crab on his back too! I think your coloring is pretty darn good. Love the sentiment too! All around awesome card, sistah!!! ♥

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, everyone can use that advice! I love your card, and against the stripe, it's perfect. The coloring looks fine to me. I thought the markers were the same as Tombow or one of those, but this post makes me think they aren't, so maybe I don't need to buy any for a while. =)

Heather North said...

Thank you both.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! What a great take on the sketch!

Robin K. said...

Perfect take on the sketch Heather! This is a super cute turtle and I love the sentiment! I think your coloring looks good- I'm a novice with copics too but I think you can use the colorless blender to lighten up areas you feel are too dark.

Heather North said...

Thank you. This card makes me happy just looking at it.

Robin, I think I tried the colorless blender and the color looked really funny and scared me. LOL So, I quickly colored over it and accomplished nothing. Perhaps I should have let the CB do its job. Keep swimming ... err.. coloring. :)

donna mikasa said...

Fun take on the sketch! Love the sequin bubbles!