1.14.2014

Encouraging Friends

It must be friend day on my blog because I have a second card to show you made especially for one of my friends.  She is going through a difficult time and sees no end in sight.  Sometimes waiting for answers and not knowing when it will be over are the hardest things.  Here is the card I made for her to let her know I understand.



Inspiration for this card came from the Dazzling Diva challenge.  Check out this gorgeous rose!  As soon as I saw it I wanted to try making my own blue & purple flower.  Monica has such an eye for the beautiful.

Dazzling Diva Challenge #7
DD#7

Making the flower was the easy part.  I embossed the metal sheet with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and punched it out.  Then I punched out a second flower from my purple metal sheet.  I layered them together and used a paper piercer to pierce the center of both flowers and stuck an antique brad through both of them.  


Now came the tricky part for me.  How do I make this into a card?  So, I did what I usually do and went searching for a sketch. Retro Sketches was PERFECT!  It's like they designed the sketch just for me and my friend.

rs#97

Thank you Retro Sketches and Dazzling Divas for helping me to make a quick card that will help me encourage my dear friend.



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  The sun poked out for about an hour today so I was able to take a picture in the window!  :)

Stamps: From the Heart, Mixed Bunch
Ink: Pacific Point, Versamark
Paper: Watercolor Wonder DSP, Pacific Point, Smoky Slate
Misc: Antique Brads (SU), Blossom Punch (SU), Pool Party Baker's Twine, Polished Purple Metal Sheet (Add A Little Dazzle), Baby Blue Metal Sheet (Add A Little Dazzle)

5 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This card will surely make your friend day, Heather! It is so beautiful. Love that flower!

Heather North said...

Thank you Kristie. I hope so.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card, and how sweet of you to think of it. I know it will cheer her in the darkness.

Unknown said...


Heather this card is so beautiful just love the colors thank you for sharing and I am sure the friend will thoroughly enjoy it!

Love & ((hugs))
Linda

Susan Powell said...

she must be a special friend - beautiful flower Heather!!