1.04.2014

Stitched Heart

My favorite shape has to be a heart.  Now that my boys are grown I don't need very many Valentine's projects, but I still love using hearts.  My solution is to add them to a thank you note. :)  (or birthday or get well or any other card I can)


This card was inspired by two challenges.  The current Dazzling Divas challenge is to use stitching on your card.   I did that with "faux" stitching on a stamp from Wplus9.   Isn't it darling?

Dazzling Diva Challenge #6
DD#6

The little heart next to my sentiment is cut from my AALD Metal sheet.   I think the other side is purple or pink, but once again I colored the silver side red with my Copics.  I seriously need to order those metal sheets in more colors, but the Copic markers do work ok in a pinch.


My second inspiration came from Seize the Sketch.   Even though the challenge is closed I wanted to give credit where credit is due.   It's almost like the sketch was made for this stamp.

STS#10
The inside was stamped as well.  I've been asked to show my insides more, so here it is.  :)

I would still like to make a card using my sewing machine for this challenge.   If I get it done before the challenge at Dazzling Divas ends I will share it with you.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  Even though most of these stamp sets aren't new they are all new to me.   

Stamps: Banner Love (Wplus9), Perfect Pennants, Express Yourself (Hostess), Best of Greetings (Inside)
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Real Red, R59 & R29 (Copic)
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, DSP(retired), Whisper White
Misc: Add A Little Dazzle Metal Sheets, Burlap Ribbon

3 comments:

Monica Weaver said...

Love your card Heather! Thanks for participating in the Dazzling Diva Challenge.

Heather North said...

Thank you Monica!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card, Heather! Really love that stamp from Wplus9! :)