1.04.2014

Stitched Heart

My favorite shape has to be a heart.  Now that my boys are grown I don't need very many Valentine's projects, but I still love using hearts.  My solution is to add them to a thank you note. :)  (or birthday or get well or any other card I can)


This card was inspired by two challenges.  The current Dazzling Divas challenge is to use stitching on your card.   I did that with "faux" stitching on a stamp from Wplus9.   Isn't it darling?

Dazzling Diva Challenge #6
DD#6

The little heart next to my sentiment is cut from my AALD Metal sheet.   I think the other side is purple or pink, but once again I colored the silver side red with my Copics.  I seriously need to order those metal sheets in more colors, but the Copic markers do work ok in a pinch.


My second inspiration came from Seize the Sketch.   Even though the challenge is closed I wanted to give credit where credit is due.   It's almost like the sketch was made for this stamp.

STS#10
The inside was stamped as well.  I've been asked to show my insides more, so here it is.  :)

I would still like to make a card using my sewing machine for this challenge.   If I get it done before the challenge at Dazzling Divas ends I will share it with you.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  Even though most of these stamp sets aren't new they are all new to me.   

Stamps: Banner Love (Wplus9), Perfect Pennants, Express Yourself (Hostess), Best of Greetings (Inside)
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Real Red, R59 & R29 (Copic)
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, DSP(retired), Whisper White
Misc: Add A Little Dazzle Metal Sheets, Burlap Ribbon

2 comments:

Monica Weaver said...

Love your card Heather! Thanks for participating in the Dazzling Diva Challenge.

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card, Heather! Really love that stamp from Wplus9! :)