1.24.2014

Get Comfy, Rest & Get Better

My neighbor recently had surgery on her broken wrist and I wanted to send a card to cheer her up while she recovers.  The little nurse owl Julz made for me was perfect for this type of card.

Isn't that the cutest?!  When I first opened the pack of "owls"  I thought they were cards, but she put each of the critters on a dimensional so I can use them on my own projects.  Isn't that sweet?

I used two challenges for my card.  First, as usual, a sketch.  This time from Unscripted Sketches.

Sketch240

The second was a color challenge. I had the perfect sketch for the nurse owl, but I wasn't sure what colors to pair her with.  I turned to the Color Throwdown.  I thought the yellow would make a great "moon" for my owl and the pop of red would be perfect for the panel in the sketch.  Plus the red goes with the heart and cross in the punch art.

ctd276
The owl wasn't made using Crumb Cake, so I pulled in some Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon to tie in the lighter shade of brown.  The silver baker's twine has a light tan color to it, so I added that in too. 


This card is a bit of a departure from my usual cards, especially in the color combo, but I like how it turned out.  Hopefully my neighbor and her little daughter will enjoy it too.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamp: Unkown from LSS
Ink: Basic Grey
Paper: Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight, Twitterpated DSP, Whisper White
Punch Art: Courtesy of Julie Butler (aka Julz)
Misc: Circles Framelits, Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon, Silver Thread Baker's Twine

12 comments:

Robin K. said...

My goodness! This cute nurse owl is sure to put a smile on your neighbor's face- put one on mine:). Darling card!

Anonymous said...

Aww, so cute! She's going to love it - not only because it's cute but because you took the time to put it together for her :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches.

Rebecca Ednie said...

What a clever use of the sketch! So adorable! Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

Anonymous said...

As cute as anything! I love how you tell us your thinking behind the making.

Barbara said...

Love your sweet nurse owl! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown this week!

Joan Ervin said...

What a cute get well card...the little nurse owl is absolutely adorable!!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable card!! Love that sweet owl!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your little nurse owl is so adorable! What a fun card using the throwdown colors!

Melody said...

That owl is the cutest and I love how you stamped the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Color Throwdown.

Barbara said...

Heather, we would love to have you join us as a Guest Designer next week, so if you're interested please email me at barcat [at] embarqmail [dot]com for the details. Thanks!

Wendy Coffman said...

Congrats on your win! Adorable card!

Heather North said...

Thank you! I am so honored to be chosen. <3