1.30.2014

My Love

It's challenge day at StampNation.  Maureen picked a lovely photo for inspiration.   In fact, I was so inspired that I created 2 cards.  First a sneak peek of my Design Team card.


As you can see I was having fun with the Hardwood stamp.  The background was created by inking Whisper White craft ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock. The heart in the center was inked with 3 different markers.

My favorite thing about this card is how the stamping and inking of the Essentials Wooden elements.  I used brown Staz-On for the sentiment and the little hearts were inked with Copic markers.


As if the card didn't have enough texture and dimension, I added an embossed banner and Chevron ribbon.


Is it ok to say I love this card? Perhaps even more than my first card, although I love that card too.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Don't forget that Sale-A-Bration is going on right now.  For every $50 you spend you can choose a free item from the SAB catalog.   Click the Shop 24/7 tab above to go to my Stampin' UP! website.

Stamps: You Are Loved (SU), Hardwood (SU)
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede, Soft Sky, Real Red
Accessories: Essentials Wooden Elements, Naturals Chevron Ribbon, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Essentials Wooden Elements
Essentials Wooden Elements

Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon
Naturals Chevron Ribbon


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Spectacular! I've been trying to hold off on buying the hardwood stamp as I have some hardwood paper but now I think I'll be adding it to my order. LOVE Both!

Heather North said...

Want to hear a secret, Sherry? Just before SU came out with this stamp I bought a woodgrain stamp from another company and still ended up buying the SU one. I like that it looks like boards put together, and it is great for the weathered wood look.

Anonymous said...

It's okay that you love that card. I love it, too! I definitely think the woodgrain stamp has to go on the list.

Susan Powell said...

I haven't tried stamping it in white - that looks awesome!!! Your card is so pretty!! Thanks for the inspiration Heather:)