1.10.2014

Merry Ribbon

One of my goals for this year is to create more Christmas cards throughout the year so I can send cards to more people and not struggle in December to get them all done.  To help me reach that goal I am going to try to complete as many Merry Monday Challenges as I can.


The challenge this week is to use ribbon, trim, or Baker's Twine.  Perfect because I just got my order from Pretty Pink Posh and her Valentine kit included this adorable pom-pom ribbon.

Merry Monday #90

This tag was so easy to make.   First I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso Ink, then I added a strip of Champagne Glimmer paper.  Cutting out the tag was a cinch with my new Banner Framelits.  I simply chose that one that fit the stamped image best and ran it through my Big Shot.  The framelit cut through the cardstock and glimmer paper smoothly.


After the tag was cut I used Tombow Mono Multi glue to adhere the pompom ribbon.   Wrapping the ribbon around to the back added some extra bulk, so I popped up my tag using dimensionals.  To get the "little" in red I inked that part of the stamp up with a Real Red marker and stamped it on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock. I cut the banner out and glued it on top of the Early Espresso "little".


The entire thing was layered onto some music sheet DSP to ite into the Christmas Carol.  It feels a little funny to be making a Christmas card now that the tree is down and the decorations are put away, but I bet I'll be glad next November that I have one less card to make.  ;)



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Merry Little Christmas (SU)
Paper: Modern Medley DSP, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP (Retired), Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, Real Red
Misc: Pompom Ribbon Trim (Pretty Pink Posh), Banner Framelits


Banners Framelits Dies
Banner Framelits
Valentine Embellishment Kit
PPP Valentine Kit
I admit I bought the kit for those adorable spools of thread and the fabulous mix of sequins.  It's funny to me that I used the ribbon first.  :)

6 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

EEEK!!! Heather, I love this card. That pom pom trim is adorable!!! I am going to order some of that twine from PPP soon. :) Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday! Love the new look of your blog.

Jessica said...

Love this card! :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! Great idea to start now on those Christmas cards.

Karen Davis said...

The Pom Pom trim and glitter ribbon look fabulous decorating the banner sentiment. I love the music background and the lovely DSP too. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday Heather.

Bonnie said...

This card has me humming! Love the music score in the background and that warm, fuzzy pom pom ribbon! Thanks, Heather, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Heather North said...

Thank you so much!