1.20.2014

I Found You ~ MOJO 329

Happy Martin Luther King day to my American friends.  Wouldn't Dr King be amazed today to see how far his dream has come?   One of the things I love about Dr King is that he worked to make his dreams come true.  He taught us by example to not only dream big, but to take the steps needed to make it happen.

I too dream of the day that there will be equality and justice for all.  I have dreams about there being a cure to cancer and the common cold.  I have dreams that my children will grow up to be godly men and make a difference in their world.  I have dreams that I will fit into my skinny jeans.  Who's with me?

I also have a dream that my creativity will inspire others and one day I will get paid for my creativity.  That is certainly a dream I can work towards.  :)



Sometimes I make a card and it makes me happy just looking at it.  This is one of those cards.  I used the new sketch up at Mojo Monday to design my card.  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to use to make my card.  I LOVE when that happens.

MM#329

I'm also linking up with the current Curtain Call Challenge to make a Love Letter.  <3  This fits, don't you think?

CCIC

Oooh la la, I'm in love. <3 Did you spot the trio of hearts with a tiny pearl on one of them?  I'm making so many love cards lately that I will soon have a box to ship to Operation Write Home.  :)




Now it is time for me to work on my Skinny Jeans dream and do my workout.  If only it was as easy as world peace.   LOL.   There are many things I have learned from Martin Luther King, but one of the big ones is that dreams don't just happen.  They take hard work, determination and often involve some sweat and tears. Dreams are worth pursuing though, because when they come true your heart will soar and you will know you have fulfilled your purpose.  What are your dreams?

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Supplies
Stamps: Defining Words (Wplus9), Follow My Heart (SU)
Paper: Fresh Prints DSP Stack (SU), Coastal Cabana, Real Red
Inl: Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana, Real Red
Misc: Circle Framelits (SU), 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Heart Punch, Basic Pearls

FYI:  Today is the last day to take advantage of the StampNation special trial offer.  You can try out StampNation for 3 days for $1!  Why not give it a try and see if you are as inspired as I am by all the fabulous papercrafters, tutorials and videos on the site?



If you love it, it's just $9 a month.  If you don't, it's easy to cancel by sending Catherine an email.  Clicky to start your 3 day membership now.

Want to learn more about StampNation before giving it a try?  Clicky here for more information.


8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...I luv the colors!

sparkle & shine *~*

Patti said...

Amazing card! Great post!! never give up your dream to get into those skinny jeans heehee

Shea said...

What a sweet and oh so charming card! LOVE that little pearl on the heart! I'll join you in that dream of fitting into skinny jeans! :)

Susan Powell said...

Beautiful card and post Heather. Anything worth having is worth working hard for - keep working at it because dreams do come true. Love you sistah!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this card, Heather! Great post! :)

Deb Van Caster said...

Love this -- gorgeous colors that do make you happy just looking at it!!

Deb Van Caster said...

Heather - LOVE this card! I'm going to be making a simpler one for my Card Workshop - but this is wonderful to show how to 'step it up'. :) Thanks for inspiring me!

Stacey Schafer said...

absolutely lovely!