1.09.2014

God Chose You...

Yesterday got away from me.  Do you ever have days like that?  Honestly, I have almost a dozen cards to show you already made, but I need the time at the computer to edit them and write up blog posts.  On the bright side I got to see many friends I haven't seen since before Christmas, and that is more important than time at the computer.


Thankfully I still have time to enter this card into this week's Mojo Monday contest.  Did you know they are even giving away prizes for this week's challenge?  They only do that once a month.  In celebration of that I used my only Verve stamp set.  I love my Verve stamp set and need to buy more.   Their fonts are so pretty and "scrolly".  If only I had an unlimited budget.  Someday I will get paid to creative, if only in free product.  ;)  Perhaps I will win this week and get to buy some more Verve stamps!  A girl can dream, can't she?
MM327
The background of my card was created by stamping my new Hardwood stamp (SU) with white craft ink onto a Marina Mist card base.  Next I used a strip of Watercolor Wonder DSP and matted it with black.  That really helped make the card pop.  The focal panel was matted with black as well.


The little pop of Crisp Cantaloupe under my main image was stamped with a branch of leaves from Peaceful Petals (SU) using versamark.  It just looked too plain on this card before I added that simple stamping. Peaceful Petals was also what I used on my main image.  The blue flowers were colored with my new Christmas Copics.  I used SU markers for the stems and flower centers. Obviously I need more Copics.  ;)



Even though I knew I wanted to use the Verve stamp set for my Grandma's card I wasn't sure how to get it on my card without distracting too much with the image. In the end I embossed it in white on Vellum Cardstock and then used my neglected eyelets and some Calypso Coral Baker's Twine to tie it all together and get it stuck to my card.  It ended up being an element I really liked.

You may notice the inside is stamped with the same greeting as the outside. I did that because my Grandma has a hard time seeing and I wanted to be sure she knew what it said.   The inside is decorated with strips I cut off of the panel on the front of the card.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Supplies
Stamps: Hardwood (SU), Love Deepens (Verve), Peaceful Petals (SU)
Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Marina Mist, Basic Black, Watercolor Wonder DSP, White (Artist paper bought from my local art shop)
Ink: Copics- B93, B95, B97, Stampin' UP!- Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Versamark, Memento- Tuxedo Black
Misc: Calypso Coral Baker's Twine (SU), Eyelets (Unkown), White Embossing Powder (SU)

2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this, Heather! Love the way you attached the embossed vellum piece. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

That is a terrific card and I know your grandma will feel so cherished when she receives it. Thanks for sharing this great design. I hope you win!