1.15.2014

Birthday Wishes

Are you enjoying the week long birthday bash for StampNation?   The card I made for today's challenge is a Design Team card so you can't see it unless you are a member, but I can show you a sneak peek.


Doesn't that make you want to see what the rest of the card looks like?  I have a very special offer for those of you interested in checking out StampNation so be sure to come back tomorrow.  ;)  I didn't want to leave you without a card for today, so I made this one.


Today's Birthday Bash Prize is from Monica Weaver at Add A Little Dazzle.  As you know I purchased some of the metal sheets from Add A Little Dazzle and I have been having so much fun playing with them.  They add just a touch of sparkle and shine to the cards I have made.  I decided to make a card using the new Dazzling Divas challenge.

CHALLENGE #8 BIRTHDAY THEME (JAN 15)
DDC#8
So many things caught my eye, but especially the banners in the top right and the stripes/swirls and dots all over the place.  The colors I used work pretty well with the picture, but I actually got them from the Paper Players challenge.  I tried out this challenge because I have been loving the Aqua/Pink/Red combo and thought it might be fun to add in green & yellow to see how these colors play together.

PP178
This is a fairly CAS card, but the details are what I love.  The banners are strung on some Baker's Twine from Pretty Pink Posh with little knots tied into each end.  The sentiment was embossed in the negative space created with a Label Framelit Die. My favorite little touch though is the Pucker Me Pink metal heart.  


I've been searching for a small heart punch this size and not having any luck.  Finally I decided to try one of my embosslits and discovered the Fashionable Hearts Embosslit has the perfect little heart.  Love it!  I also added some yellow stickles to the star on the Crushed Curry banner.


This birthday party has been so much fun.  I hope I've inspired you a little bit.  If you like the Banner Blast stamps and Banner punch be sure to get them for FREE with your $50 Stampin' UP! order once Sale-A-Bration (SAB) starts in a couple of weeks!  (January 28, 2014)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Banner Blast (SU), Happy Birthday (unkown)
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Primrose Petals, Versamark
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
Misc:  Baker's Twine (Pretty Pink Posh), Banner Punch (SU-SAB), Pucker Me Pink Metal Sheet (Add A Little Dazzle), Fashionable Hearts Embosslit (SU), Label Card Thinlits (SU), White Embossing Powder, Yellow Stickles

11 comments:

laurie said...

I love the banner..so cute!

Heather North said...

Thank you Laurie! I do too. :)

Cathy Parlitsis said...

Your card is so fresh and clean. I really like it! Thanks for joining us at the Add A Little Dazzle Design Challenge!

Nance Leedy said...

Adorable card, Heather! Love that sweet little banner and how you've embellished it! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Michelle said...

Cute and fun card Heather! I love the little details including the pink heart. Thank you for entering Add A Little Dazzle's blog challenge. Have a great weekend!

stampwithsandy said...

What a fun, happy card! I like the sentiment embossed in white and peeking through the window, and of course those adorable banners. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Heather!

Anonymous said...

Cute little card, indeed. I love that it can be something simple, doesn't have to be fancy and encrusted with goodies, and still be cheery and cute!

LeAnne said...

What a sweet way to use those cool little banners...I haven't even taken mine out of the case yet! Lovely way to do the sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing with my color challenge this week!

Heather North said...

Thank you everyone! You make my day with your sweet comments. :)

Deb Van Caster said...

Such a cute card! I like how you can adapt it to Valentine's Day and birthdays and anything! How did you attach your banner flags to the twine? Did you use a glue pen? Did you attach the twine to the page at all other than at the knots? (I'm trying to CASE this and am having trouble; can you tell?) :)

Heather North said...

Deb, I used Tombow Mono Multi glue to attach my twine to my card, then I used to glue to attach my banners to the twine. I also have a small dimensional on the bottom of each banner so it lays more evenly. I should do a video for you. :)