1.02.2014

Happy

What makes you happy?  Lots of things make me happy: my family, my friends, creating card/scrapbooks/quilts.  I love to color, take walks on the beach, photograph nature and see my dogs' tails wag furiously when I walk in the door.


The challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays is to create a card using a word that describes what you hope for the new year.  Can you guess my word? :)



I'll be sharing more about this word and why I chose it on Sunday's post, but in a nutshell I want to make time this year to make and do things for myself that make me happy.   It's far easier for me to make and do things for others, but it's going to be a stressful year and I think I need to take a little time for myself.  My hope is that I will also be sending more cards to make others Happy.  In doing this I can spread the "happy" around.


Along with my new goal, this card also uses some new products.  First I used a new stamp from the new Stampin' UP! catalog, Happy Watercolor.  (Coming out tomorrow) I also used my new Christmas Copics to color in the flowers.   This certainly made me Happy.  To finish the card I added some Stickles for a lit touch of glitter.  I won't be keeping this card.  I made it to send and that will make someone else happy. :)   Oh, and I'm linking up with the SSS Wednesday Challenge: Use something new.  

wed-newchallenge-header
Simon Wednesday Challenge
This card certainly fits that challenge.   Did you get anything new to play with this year?  Did you make a new year'r resolution?  What is one word that describes your hope for the new year?  

Creative Blessings

Stamps: Happy Watercolor (SU)
Ink: Bermuda Bay (SU), Pistachio Pudding (SU), Tuxedo Black (Memento), 
Copics: BV20, BV23, BV25, ), C1
SU Paper: Afternoon Picnic DSP, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White
Afternoon Picnic Designer Series Paper
Afternoon Picnic DSP

2 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

What a "happy" card, Heather! I enjoyed reading why you picked this word too. It's so important, but often difficult, to make sure you're happy along with everyone else. Best of luck with your word in 2014! Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Flubidoo said...

Such a positive word, Heather and the sentiment in your post explains so much...good luck with everything and thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)