1.17.2014

Snowman ~ Merry Friday

We've had an unusual winter.  Today has felt more like spring with the sun shining, but it is cold outside.  Personally I think if it is going to be in the 30's we need snow.  :)  This card would make a super cute "Thinking of You" or "Get Well" card, but I am planning on using it for Christmas.


I am 2 for 2 with the Merry Monday challenges this year. If I keep up at this rate I won't have to stress about Christmas cards in December.  :)  The challenge this week is to use a snowman.  The snowmen on everyone's cards in the challenge are so cute!  You should check it out if you like snowman too!

MM#91
I'm also linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  The challenge this week is to use embossing.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
1-15-14

Even though we don't have snow on the ground right now I was able to create some of my own snow using embossing paste, a stencil, and some iridescent ice embossing powder.  It was easier than it may sound and I love the results!


The snowman himself was made using white embossing powder, Staz-On ink, a small triangle of orange cardstock and some stickles for his heart.  Did you spot his scarf?  I pierced a hole on either side of my snowman's neck and wrapped some Baker's Twine through the holes, then tied them in a knot. 


Pool Party Baker's Twine was also used to wrap around my Coastal Cabana cardstock. I'm happy to have another card to put in my almost empty Christmas card box.  In addition to Merry Monday Challenge I am linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.   The challenge is to use embossing.  I embossed my snowman with white embossing powder.



Thank you Merry Monday challenge and design team for the fun challenge.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  If you are looking for the Birthday Bash Special, CLICKY to find all the links and info.

Stamps: Snowy Day
Ink: Black Staz-On, Versamark, White Staz-On
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Soft Sky, Whisper White
Misc: Pool Party Baker's Twine, White Embossing Paste, Swirl Stencil, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Whisper White Embossing Powder, Corner Punch (retired)

9 comments:

Linda said...

This is sooo cute, love the snowman (great idea for his scarf btw), and the background is lovely. xx

Kristie Goulet said...

Heather, I love the "snow" you created on your background piece and so clever of you to make his adorable scarf with the twine like that! Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Bonnie said...

What a perfect background for this handsome fella, Heather! Great idea for his scarf! Thanks so much for sharing him with us at Merry Monday!

Karen Davis said...

You have used some wonderful techniques on your card Heather. Your snowman is very sweet with his very original scarf. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Your card I so cute, your snowman is wonderful. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Heather North said...

Your kind comments are so nice. Thank you for having the Merry Monday challenge run all year long. Your mojo inspires me to create!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Congrats on your Honorable Mention at the Merry Monday Challenge! We hope to see another of your lovely creations this week!!

Jo Nevill said...

Super fun card

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so sweet...