7.04.2012

Happy Birthday America! ~ rs#18

Don't you love the 4th of July?  It's a day of celebration.  This holiday is one of our family favorites because we love our country and FIREWORKS!  This year my dear husband is sick, so we might end up just watching our neighbors light off their fireworks.  :(  Poor guy.  It's one of his favorite things to do, and he looks forward to it all year.  Maybe this card will cheer him up.  :)


This card was super easy to make, with a bit of inspiration from Retro Sketches.  You could whip one up right now and take it to the host/hostess of your 4th of July bash! 

Use your 1" square punch and punch out 2 of each color (Midnight Muse & Raspberry Ripple), then take your Postage Square Punch and punch out 4 Sahara Sand squares.  Last punch out 2 more of each color (Midnight Muse & Raspberry Ripple) using your 1 1/4" Square Punch.  Now layer them together with your favorite adhesive.

 Don't have those punches?  Simply use your cutter and cut your squares.  (1 1/8" for the Sahara Sand) 

Retro Sketches

I don't have a SU star punch so I used one of my old CM star punches and punched out the glitter paper.  oooh  aahh.  Love me some sparkle!

Even though I used Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, I think the color is a close-enough match.  What do you think?  I simply wrapped it around the card front 3 times and tied it in a bow.  Then I scrunched up the bottom 2 rows and left a gap in between them and the top.  To secure the bow, I used a mini glue dot and rolled it into a ball so I could hide it under the knot.  :)


The finishing touch is the sentiment from Perfectly Penned (in Midnight Muse) and 3 little hearts at the bottom.



I hope you have a safe and wonderful 4th of July.  Here are some shots from last year's backyard bash.  :)






God Bless America!
Heather North

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Perfectly Penned
Ink: Midnight Muse
Paper: Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Sahara Sand, Silver Shimmer Paper
Misc.: Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Small Heart Punch, 1" Square Punch, Postage Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, Star Punch (CM)

2 comments:

Kimie said...

Heather, I love this card, especially how you layered your squares and tied that baker's twine around the card front! Perfect for today! Thanks for sharing the card and the pictures of fireworks from last year. Sorry your husband is under the weather. I am sure your card will cheer him up and hope he will be feeling better by the time the fireworks start!

Jackie Rockwell said...

So sweet—the little heart in the corner are really cute! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!