7.09.2012

Happy Birthday Hot Air Balloon ~ TSOT#73

Two posts in one day!  Oh my!  Well, when the cards are this easy to make then I suppose it's alright.  :)  Plus, I wanted to get in on the Try Stampin' On Tuesday challenge before it ends tonight.  I really do like their challenges, and try to do every one of them, even if I don't get to them by their deadline.   That's the beauty of sketches, they don't really have a time limit, but the challenges do, so let's get to my picture.  

Can you see that reflection outside the window?  It's SUN!  Yes, we actually have sunshine and warm weather here in SW Washington.   :)  We've actually gotten up into the low 80's for the past 3 days.  That has to be a record.  lol.   Thankfully it cools down into the 50's at night.  Now that is what I call the perfect summer weather.

The stamped images are popped up using dimensionals. 



Try Stampin' On Tuesday #73
As you can see the sketch uses a bow, I used a knot instead because I wanted to be able to give this card to a boy or girl, and the bow looked too feminine.  I also added a strip behind the circles because they got lost in the background paper.

That's the other beauty of sketches.  You can take the basic elements and then tweak them to make them your own.  :)


One last picture, because I want to show you what was going on in the next window.

I think he wanted to see what I was taking a picture of outside.  :)  

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Blue Ribbon, You're Amazing
Paper: World Spectacular DSP, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler



World Spectacular Designer Series Paper
World Spectacular DSP



Blue Ribbon Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Blue Ribbon


You're Amazing Clear-Mount Stamp Set
You're Amazing

1 comment:

CherylAnn Robinson said...

A great birthday card! Bright and happy. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.