7.27.2012

Need for Speed ~ Part 3 (MOJO251)

My son has a friend's birthday coming up, and this stamp from the Need for Speed stamp set is PERFECT for him.   He loves riding his quad.  With all the rain we get here is western Washington, making some mud for his quad to run on was a must!  If you look closely you'll see mud on the tires and various other places as well. 

To make this card I used the Mojo Monday sketch for inspiration.  I pulled my colors from the Well Worn DSP (retired).  First I stamped my image onto Confetti White cardstock with Black Staz-On ink.  Next I used markers to color in my image.  (Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, River Rock- for the lights, and Pool Party- Window)   The requisite mud was created using Soft Suede ink and my aqua painter.  Soft Suede is also what I used to sponge all the edges of cardstock and DSP.


At first I was very excited to make the center design.  You see, I finally got the largest circle punch and scalloped circle punch that Stampin' UP sells.  I punched out my image that I had just colored with the 2 1/2" circle punch, then I grabbed the large scallop punch and as soon as I punched out my scallop I realized that it was nowhere near big enough to go behind my circle.  Ooops!  I had to put on my creative thinking cap, and dug into my box of new toys.  :)
What I found was even BETTER for this masculine card that the scallop circles would have been!  It's a new set of Framelits that will be available August 1st.  :)  Don't you love how it looks with the circle in the middle and brads in the corners?  I do!  As an added touch I used the smallest Framelit in that set to cut out my label for the back.  :)



I was going to do one more card in this Need for Speed series, but I have ideas for 3 more.  :)  Looks like you will see one card a week for awhile.  If you were on the fence about getting this set because you weren't sure how to use it, I hope I have inspired you to give it a try.



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Part 1: http://heatherscreativeblessings.blogspot.com/2012/07/need-for-speed-part-1.html
Part 2: http://heatherscreativeblessings.blogspot.com/2012/07/need-for-speed-part-2.html


Need for Speed - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Need for Speed

3/16" Brads - Neutrals Collection - by Stampin' Up!
Nuetrals Brads


2-1/2 Inch Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Need for Speed

No comments: