7.24.2012

Forever ~ TSOT#76

Can you believe I am actually making the current Try Stamping on Tuesday card ON Tuesday?  :)  This may be a first.   I love stamping on Tuesdays, but I often don't get my cards posted the same day that I make them.





After seeing my card it will be easy to see I was completely inspired by the sketch.  The only thing I didn't notice until now are the staples on the banners. I really like them, so I may go back and add them in... or not...




Clean and simple (CAS) does not come easy to me.  When I first saw the sketch my thought was, "I can't do that, there's too much white space, and my cards never turn out well when they are CAS!"  My next thought was that I need to at least give it a try, because if I can master CAS then I can make & send even more cards.  :)  Since I love using banners, I decided to give it a try.  I even used my least favorite SU color on this card, and it's not so bad.  LOL


Do you think I need to add those staples?  I only used one stamp on this paper, and to get the variations in color I used my markers. The colors for this card came from the Fan Fair DSP pack.


Head on over to TSOT and see what you can create using their sketch.  You have plenty of time.  If you do, please let me know in the comment section of this post and I will be sure to visit your blog to see what you make. 


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  I had an hour today with no kids and no hubby at home where I was able to make a video about my swap cards!  I'll be editing it and hopefully have it up on my blog in the next few days.  :)

Forever with You Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Forever with You

Fan Fair Designer Series Paper
Fan Fair DSP
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh - do tell, which is your least favourite SU! colour? Mine's River Rock. Cannot get my head around that colour.

I love your card! I would make a second one, with staples, out of the other half of the cardstock. Then if you like it, you can put staples on this one. If not- well, you have a card made! :D

I have just abandoned stamping for tonight in favour of the sofa. But I think I might give this sketch a go!

Mynn xx said...

This is oh so cool!!!! LOVE the fan paper--and your colors look amazing together! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

Nancy Seed said...

Great job Heather, and thanks for pointing out the staples on the banner. Being a designer and I didn't even see them. Guess that is what makes each of us so individual. Thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday this week.

Kristen Conant said...

Heather well done! So glad you were inspired to give it a try right away! Thank you for playing along!

Heather North said...

I don't like yellow that has green or brown in it. Bexx, since you asked, my top 3 least favorite SU colors are:

1. Summer Starfruit
2. More Mustard
3. River Rock


Funny enough, River Rock is growing on me as a creamy neutral. I used it in a class with Well Worn DSP, Navy ink and the Daring Adventure stamp set to make some great masculine cards. It will never be my favorite, but the cardstock is better in person than it looks in the catalog. However, if it did not come in the pack of nuetrals, I would not own it.

Dena J said...

You have done a lovely CAS card.

Jenn Picard said...

Oh Heather I LOVE this DSP! Great job with the sketch, I am so glad you got play with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

I love the simplicity of your card! Clean and simple is often the best. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.