7.19.2012

Need For Speed ~ Part 1

When I get ready to place a Stampin' UP! order I always try to look ahead at what cards I will need for the next month or two.  With my last order I looked ahead to August.  My mother-in-law has a birthday at the beginning of the month, school & football will be starting and my oldest son will turn 16 at the end of the month!!!  Yikes, how is that possible?  


Even though I was pretty sure I would place another order well before his birthday at the end of August, I got his birthday card stamp set early so I could play with it now.   I'm so glad I did.  Having 2 boys means I need masculine cards for their friends often.   The stamp set is called Need For Speed.  I actually got it for the plane that is in the set, but that isn't the first image I stamped...


You see, this precious son of ours is in Driver's Ed this summer.  YIKES!  I wanted to make a thank you card for his teacher, and I also want to make a couple of "Way to Go" and  "Good Job" cards for my son to encourage him along the way.   The car image in this set is PERFECT!   I'll be doing at least 3 cards in this series...possibly 4, so if you have need of some masculine cards, keep a look out on my blog.  I have just the ticket.  (Yes, I'm trying to figure out how to use the ticket paper/punch/stamp as well.  Hopefully not for a card for his first ticket!)

For inspiration I used this sketch from this week's Try Stampin' On Tuesday.   If you look closely you will see I used CHRISTMAS paper


As you can see I flipped the sketch to make it fit my images.  I'm still not sure if this will be the card I give to Tyler's instructor, but I think I can use for any Thank You we need to send to a guy. 

The only thing I wish is that it included the sentiment "Need For Speed".  Perhaps I can create something on my computer... hmm... the creative wheels are ever turning.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Need for Speed - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Need For Speed

Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper
Be of Good Cheer DSP



World Spectacular Designer Series Paper
World Spectacular DSP


Printed 2011 In Color Designer Brads - by Stampin' Up!
Printed 2011 In Color Brads


8 comments:

Nancy Seed said...

Love the change up on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin this week.

Lynn McAuley said...

I know the driver's ed teacher with love this fun card!! What great colors and image.

My oldest granddaughter is just finishing up driver's education and will soon be driving the roads of Texas! Double yikes!

Unknown said...

I love this card! I am always needing ideas for boy cards! :-)

Heather North said...

I plan on doing 4 cards using this stamp set. I just filmed a video of the second card, so be sure to check that out as soon as I edit and post it. :)

Mynn xx said...

This is so cool! LOVE the patterns you used--a fabulous masculine card! Thanks for joining us at TSOT!!! :)

Tracey Old said...

Loved that you have flipped the sketch! Great mens card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin;-)

Deb said...

Love what you did with the challenge. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

I love how you rotated the sketch. That extra creativity sets your card above the rest. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.