7.25.2012

Sweet Swap Revealed ~ Video

I was recently involved in my first ever online card swap.  I've done many scrapbooking swaps before, but this was only my second card swap.  Thankfully my first card swap was with ladies who loved me, because my cards were awful!  That was many years ago, before I really learned how to make cards by watching videos made by some great instructors.  Coincidentally that is why I make and share videos.  I hope to inspire you like I have been inspired.

I decided to tweak my videotaped card a bit, but I still give instructions for those of you who want to CASE the original.


Swap 'Til We Drop Card

Can you spot the differences in the stepped up card?
Sweet Baby Stepped Up Card

Check out the video below to see how I created these cards.  ***If you are viewing in your email you may need to head over to my website to watch the video. ***




  You can see the detail in this close-up shot.  This card was not simple, but it wasn't all that difficult either.  There are a lot of steps, but I hope you will give this card a try.  I think next time I'll use the largest Labels Framelit Die instead of the Top Note Die and emboss the black layer instead of the Melon Mambo.  What do you think?


Come back on Sunday to get more tips on participating in swaps and see the FABULOUS cards I got back in the swap.  I think they'll blow you away too.  :) 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Great Sport Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Great Sport

Top Note Stampin' Up! Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Top Note Die

Itty Bitty Banners Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Itty Bitty Banners

Bitty Banners Framelits Die
Bitty Banners Framelits Die

Labels Collection Framelits Dies
Labels Framelits Die


Blue Ribbon Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Blue Ribbon


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love pink and black together!Very pretty!

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with these wonderful wings, Heather! What a great design!!

paige said...

Love the details on your well-designed card!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card, love the pink and black color combo!