1.11.2012


One of the joys of having two neighbors that are raising chickens is that we get fresh eggs.  My picky eaters all love eggs, so we use up whatever they give us.  ;)  In fact, I'm the only member of this family who doesn't care much for eggs, but let me tell you, these fresh eggs are something even I eat.  I try to bake something yummy to share with these kind neighbors to let them know we appreciate their generosity.

These are the BEST chocolate chip cookies!  (in my opinion, at least)  I put them into one of  the Kraft Gift Boxes, after decorating the box with some cute Beau Chateau paper that is PERFECT for making Thank You cards to chicken lovers. This paper pack also has a vintage, shabby chic feel to it that I LOVE!



Here is a close-up of the top of the box. 

My inspiration for embossing the panels on the side of the box came from Angie Juda.  She did a snowman soup box, that I used as inspiration to make the box below for Avery.

Angie's version used an adorable snowman stamp set that I do not own.  (yet)  I just looked through my stamps and found one with a snowman on it.  Snowmen are great all winter long.  Snow is in the forecast for this weekend here in SouthWest Washington.  I may have to make up some more snowman soup for my kids.  (basically hot cocoa with marshmallows)  I think it turned out pretty cute.  Avery seemed to like it.  I know she will enjoy the freeze dried snowballs!




Kraft Gift Box - by Stampin' Up!
Kraft Gift Boxes (4)


Beau Château Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Beau Chateau DSP

Tags til Christmas - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Tags til Christmas

Tiny Tags - Clear Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Tiny Tags


1-3/4 Inch Scallop Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Various Punches


Soft Suede 1-1/4 Inch Striped Grosgrain Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!
1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon


Creative Blessings,
Heather North
(in WA)
heatherscreativeblessings.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I love getting little surprises from you, they are always so cute! The cookies were delicious, they were all gone by the end of the night. Avery told everyone at daycare the next day that Heather had given her a "treat". Thanks, and we have more eggs for you!

Heather North said...

I'm so happy Avery felt special! We'll take all the extra eggs you've got off your hands. :)