1.08.2012

Scrapbook Sunday

When I was a kid I didn't like going to school, but now that I am an adult I find I like going to classes that interest me.  This month I am taking a sketch class over at Inspired to Scrap.   Sketch classes are great for me when I need to jump start my creativity.  Scrapbooking seems to come naturally to me, unlike card making, but after awhile all my pages start to look alike.  That's where learning a new technique or pulling out some sketches comes in.  It helps me to think outside the box.  Often my pages aren't exactly like the sketches, but the sketches do provide a jumping off point and help add more interest to my pages.  I also find that I use up more of my scraps when I take these sorts of classes.

Sorry, I can't show you the sketches.  You have to join the class for that, but I can show you my layouts.  It's not to late to join in if you enjoy scrapbooking and want some ideas for creating more interest in your pages.  (No, I am not paid to endorse I2S, I just enjoy participating.)  I've even used her sketches for my cards.  Now that is fun!  Making the most of my crafting dollar.  ;)

Here are the pages I created my first week in class. 
Sketch 1:

 This was 2008, the year of the BIG snowstorm.  Avery came to stay with us while her mom and dad went to pick up some stuff so her mom could work from home until the snow cleared. 

I used the Top Note Die to create this little embellishment.  I cannot tell you how much I love this die!  This was my first time to use it, but it won't be my last.

Top Note Stampin' Up! Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Top Note Die

Stampin' Dimensionals - by Stampin' Up!
Dimensionals

Sketch 2:


(Don't tell Scott I posted these pictures of him on the internet.  lol)

Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine - by Stampin' Up!
Bakers Twine

Basic Gray Stampin Write Marker - by Stampin' Up!
Markers
My last page for 2008.  (Now you know how far behind I am.)  This page turned out WAY cuter than it would have if I wasn't using a sketch.  I used scraps and leftovers to create most of this. 
Sketch 3:

I adhered those flowers using Glue Dots.  It may seem funny to have so many different types of adhesive, but each serve their purpose.   Having just the right adhesive makes crafting easier. 


Mini Glue Dots - by Stampin' Up!
Glue Dots

Two more pages from this weekend's bonus sketches. I was able to use up scraps and embellishments I've had for YEARS and combine them with some new things like Baker's Twine and Penants.  (both seem to be in "style" for cards and scrapbooks right now)




Creative Blessings,
Heather North
in WA


3 comments:

Cyn M said...

They look awesome Heather! Now, I need to see about this class!!!

Heather North said...

It's not too late to join. We are only one week into it, and the sketches can be printed to use forever. She's also offering digital sketches. (I sound like a comercial, don't I?) :) The more the merrier though, and I would love to see you in "class".

Joan Robertson said...

I love your pages. LOVE them. You have a great style and I love looking at all you have done.
PS how do you get the product pics?