1.22.2012

Winter Wonderland

My posts might be hit or miss for awhile.  We had a huge snow storm last week, that brought well over 18" of snow to Rochester, WA.  It was followed by freezing rain and ice.  The ice and snow on the trees caused many trees to bend and break off branches and limbs.  They fell on power poles and power lines.  Now the snow is melting fast and there is a danger of flooding. 

We've been without power since 8:30am on Thursday.  Estimates say it could be Wednesday before power is restored.  Yes, that would be a FULL WEEK!  My hobby room is dark and cold, without power there is no internet nor charging the laptop.    Sooooooooooooo, until power is restored, and our laundry is done, posts will be hit or miss.    We bought a generator last night so I should be able to work on my laptop for a while today and bring some scrapbooking stuff inside and play. 
Can you see how the weight of the ice around the limbs are pulling the down the branches on the right side of our tulip tree?  Some of our trees were bent over so far they touched the snow.  Thankfully we only lost one tree so far.
Thanks for your patience and prayers.   The 3 hardest things about being without power so long are:
1. No showers, no hot water
2. No internet, no computer, no phone, no connection to the outside world
3. No scrapbooking, cardmaking or stamping.

Next time there is a storm warning, I'm going to pack up a bag like I'm going to a crop, so I can at least be crafty during daylight hours.  :)

I'm really looking forward to sharing some of the new Sale-A-Bration items with you.  Sale-A-Bration (SAB) starts on January 24th.   For every $50 you spend you can choose a free gift from the SAB catalog.  Woo-Hoo!  If your order reaches $150 you get a free tote, in addition to the $25 hostess credit.  (Let me know if you need a SAB catalog, and I will send one to you.)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North
Rochester, WA

No comments: