1.28.2012

Scrapbook Retreat

Today is the annual SSWA January scrapbooking retreat.  I'm so excited to be spending the day scrapbooking with friends.  Is there a better way to spend the day?  :)  I don't have a cool picture to show you, but I can show you my packing-in-progress. 

I'm on a mission to complete my 2009 family album.  If I complete everything I packed for the crop I will be on June.  I can tell, because I see 4th of July pictures still in the box from dotphoto.com.

Part of my creative process is the layout my pictures in a 2 page spread.   Then I grab some paper that coordinates with the colors and/or them of my photos. Sometimes I will look for sketches to design my page, other times I will quickly sketch what I want to do.  Often I just make sure I have paper/stickers/etc. that will work with my pictures.



Then I stack them in this sturdy box and throw in some title stickers or other embellishments I might need.  Now I am ready to take it to my crop, or just leave it in my craft room for whenever I have some free time to scrapbook.

Hope you have some time to create today.  If you are in the Renton/Kent area and want to join us, call me.  :)  When it comes to workshops, the more the merrier!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: