2.14.2012

Valentine Love

Happy Valentines Day!  Everybody deserves a little love in their life.  This card was designed with the love of my life in mind. 



 
My card was inspired by a card that Ann Clemmer created.  It's been awhile since I saw her card, but what struck me about it was the Cherry Cobbler ink stamped onto Whisper White cardstock and then embossed.  I love white & red together, and knew I would use this technique to create a Valentines Card so I filed the idea somewhere in my head. :)

The best part about this card is if you want the Elementary Elegance stamp set that I used on the whisper white cardstock you can get it for FREE with any $50 purchase from Stampin' UP! before tax/shipping!!!  I love FREE, especially when it is something I would have paid for.  :)


Here is what you will need to create this card yourself: 
Whisper White Cardstock
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink

Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die - by Stampin' Up!
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

Curly Label Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Curly Label Punch
I used some retired ribbon, but you could easily use Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, or change the color of your ink & paper to Riding Hood Red and use the new Pleated Satin Ribbon.



Cherry Cobbler 1/2 Inch Seam Binding Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!
Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

Riding Hood Red 3/8 Pleated Satin Ribbon
Riding Hood Red Pleated Satin Ribbon


The "Love" sentiment I used on the front of the card comes from a stamp set that isn't currently available.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be in the next catalog.  The inside was stamped with the P.S. I Love You stamp set in the current Occasions Mini catalog.
P.S. I Love You - Clear-Mount Stamp
PS I Love You


Creative Blessings,
Heather North
My Stampin' UP! Store  http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/cr8tvblessings/

No comments: