2.23.2012

Attic Mojo

It's Mojo Monday time!  Ok, I realize it is now Thursday, but Monday I was scrapbooking at a friend's house and didn't make a card.  I love sketches, and have fun using them in both my scrapbooking and cardmaking.  This week's sketch on the Mojo Monday blog is no exception.


If you've been reading my blog this week, you know I am tackling some challenges.  My personal challenge this week has been to use what I own, and not buy something new to create my cards & scrapbook pages.   This proved a bit challenging for this card, because I did not own any of the ink colors in this paper pack except Soft Suede.  Hmmm.... what's a girl to do?


Actually it wasn't that hard because Stampin' UP colors seem to flow well together even if they are not exact.  I pulled out some current colors like Regal Rose, Pink Piroutte and Baja Breeze, then pulled out my set of retired SU! pens to fill in the other colors.  The blender pen was my best friend for coloring in these flowers.  I was able to vary the shades of colors, like the background paper, and make what I had work.  Yay me! 


To add the bow to my card I tied a piece of linen thread around it and the strip of Pool Party ribbon.  It adds a nice touch.  I might go back and add a little jewelry tag to that bow, or I might leave it like it is.  I'm debating on whether to send it to Nana or give it to my neighbors the next time they drop off some fresh eggs.   Perhaps I will make another card so I can do both!  :)


Attic Boutique Designer Series Paper
Attic Boutique DSP

Pool Party 1/2 Seam Binding Ribbon
Pool Party Seam Binding

Apothecary Art - Clear-Mount Stamp
Apothecary Art Stamp Set

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: