2.26.2012

Scrapbook Sunday

Monday afternoon my kids and I had a playdate.  The moms scrapbooked and the kids played.  I wish all our Mondays were like that.  :)  Many of these pages were created during our playdate. 

Sorry for the glare, I already had these in page protectors.  Check out how I used the top note die to not only add a bit of decoration, but also some journaling.

I just ran the paper through my die cutting machine and the cut the paper in half.

If you find that you have a piece of patterned paper and want to stretch it, cut it in half.  Use one half on each side and a piece of colored cardstock on the other half. 

Try choosing one photo on a page that you want to stand out from the rest.  Mat or even double mat that picture so that it pops and draws your eyes to it.

The left hand side (LHS) has 2 pictures of eagles that were flying around our house and watching us at our neighbor's party.  I wanted to show off where the eagles were, so I punched out a 1 3/8" circle, then I centered it in my 1 3/4" scallop circle punch to make the frames you see on these pictures.
 For some added decoration on the right hand side (RHS) I pulled out the new Labels Framelits Dies and added some brads to "jazz" it up.  Again I made the most of 1 sheet of patterned paper by cutting it into strips and making borders. 
P.S.  Aren't those roses gorgeous?  My dear husband got me those for my birthday in 2009.  <3



For this page I couldn't decide which side of the Double Sided Paper (DSP) I wanted to use, so I cut 3" off of each sheet and flipped it over.  This way I could use both sides and have a decorative element.

 The page below is almost finished.  It just needs some journaling.  I'm thinking about adding words to the pages like: "Smile", "Play", "Fun with Friends", "Nerf War" and "Legos".


As you can see this page is nowhere near done, but it will be soon.  I just needed to take pictures while I still had daylight.  :)   Be looking for the finished page next Sunday. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

1 comment:

Louise in WA said...

Looking Good Heather! It was a fun Monday - wishing we were doing a repeat tomorrow.:)