11.24.2014

Wreath on Weathered Wood ~ Video

Merry Monday to you.  Christmas is getting closer and I'm so excited to start decorating our house next week.  Every year my mom orders a wreath for herself and another one for me and it usually arrives Thanksgiving week.   Every time I walk through our front door, after my wreath arrives, I think of my mom and the fact that she is enjoying her wreath as much as I am.  It has become a sweet tradition since moving from CA to WA.  The miles may separate us, but love and tradition knit our heartstrings together.



This new tradition is probably why I love wreath stamps so much.  Each year I have to make a few cards with a wreath on them.  When I saw the new photo inspiration at Stampin' Celebration challenge I knew instantly I had to make a wreath on a weathered wood door.



The technique I used to create the faux wood is soooooo easy.  Here's a video to show you how.  Don't blink or you might miss it.


Stamps: Woodland Wreaths (WPlus9); Seasonal Flourish (WMS)
Ink: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Versamark (Stampin' UP!); White Paper (Fresh Ink)
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White (Stampin' UP)
Accessories: Crystal Effects (Stampin' UP!); Princess Gold Embossing Powder (Ranger); Woodland Wreaths Die (Wplus9)

Want more fresh ideas for your Christmas cards and tags this season?  Be sure to check out A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0.


eta:  It just so happens that this card fits the new CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  Great minds think alike.  I have 2 more cards sitting on my craft table that I hope to enter later this week, but I thought I would link this one up today.  :)

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Your card is beautiful and I lived the story about the tradition of your mom ordering you a wreath as well.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this card, Heather! The faux wood is perfect.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! Great take on the sketch!