11.17.2014

Melting For You

Baby it's cold outside, but it's warm in the hobby room.  :)  When the space heater gets cranked up in that room in the garage it's a cozy warm place to be.  Walking through the frigid garage to get to it is the hard part.  Thankfully my husband went first and got the room heating up while I was at work on Sunday so I could come home and get crafty.


This is one of the cards I made.  The colors remind me of ice, so it was appropriate for our weather.  I was inspired by the gorgeous cake photo and sketch at Fusion Card Challenges.    I wish I had the camera setup to show you how I made the watercolor panel, but it was playtime and that would have meant cleaning up my stamp table first.   ;)  If you would like to see a video on this technique, leave me a comment letting me know.


As I was writing up the supply list, I realized this is a Stampin' UP only card.  That is pretty rare for me these days.  :) 

Supplies: (Stampin' UP)
Stamps: Chalk Lines, Tag Talk 
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Versamark
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Whisper White, Pool Party
Accessories: Aquapainter, Basic Rhinestones, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Artisan Label Punch, White Embossing Powder

3 comments:

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous watercolour Heather - so glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

~amy~ said...

It has been chilly, hasn't it?!
Your card is so pretty, love the watercoloring and the colors are delish!

Katie said...

Your colors are GORGEOUS. Always up for one of your tutorials. Where do you work, or have you mentioned that elsewhere?
We were VERY cold up here on the border, but today we are in the 40's. Daughter and I were out late last night and it was 31, at least our wind has gone away for awhile.