11.11.2014

Festive Tags

Tracey McNeely's 25 tags of Christmas blog hop has me so inspired that I've made 3 more tags and put them on some Christmas cards.


Punches and dies made these tags super simple!  I used my Stampin' UP! Pennant Punch for the triangle banners, then used my sewing machine to attach them to a stitched tag I cut out using the Stitched Duo 1 tag from Pretty Pink Posh.


One of the tags leans to the left, the other one is straight.


Both fit the sketch for CASE this Sketch.  Which one do you prefer?



 


For good measure, I made a 3rd card and changed up the sketch a bit by adding a narrow border on each side.  I smudged my sentiment on this 3rd tag, so I used that as an opportunity to embellish.  ;)  The little sentiment strip was sewn on with my sewing machine to tie into the stitching on the pennants.


All 3 tags fit the current challenge on Addicted to CAS.   Festive makes me think "Christmas & Happy".  Pennant scream FUN to me. 


eta: I just have to link up to one more challenge in honor of my friend, Kristie Goulet's new design team spot over at the Card Concept.  This is an awesome challenge that inspires me every time I visit their blog.  I'm so proud of Kristie in her new role on their design team.  They are lucky to have her with her trendy CAS style!  My cards look like they were created with this challenge and CAS style in mind.



Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Peace On Earth (Verve)
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Crumb Cake, Nordic Noel DSP, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Pennant Punch (SU); Black Baker's Twine, Stitched Duo 1 Die (Pretty Pink Posh); Sewing Machine

8 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards! I love how you used the tags on the sketch!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hiya Heather!! So glad you could join in the Festivities this week! AWESOME tags! Banner-ific! Looks like the Kraft is perfect for the Card Concept too!!! Yay!

Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Meghan said...

Love the sewn banner strings...perfect! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Kristie Goulet said...

Aww! Love these Heather! Thank you for the shout out too!! So glad you linked up at The Card Concept!

Kristie Larsen said...

yes yes Yes!! I love these so much. Banners and great christmas paper!? What's not to love! i haven't had a good stash of Christmas papers in while. I love these bold tones and stripes.Great cards! Thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!

May Park said...

Absolutely love your festive cards with sewn flags. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Kay Miller said...

Oh just beautiful! The papers, the banners, the tags, all so wonderful!! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful cards...your tags are just so festive with the banners. I love them. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.