11.23.2014

Jingling Bells of Christmas

Sorry, no sewing updates this week.  I'm on Christmas card crunch time.  My goal is to have all my cards done so that I can ship them the first week of December.  To help me reach my goal, and not get bored, I'm entering in lots of challenges.  :)



If you check out the design team samples at Merry Monday Challenge you will see that I was completely taken with Kristie Goulet's sample.   Let me tell you, it wasn't easy getting baker's twine through the tiny bells, but I knew it would be worth it!  The entire design team did a fabulous job, be sure to check them out if you want some inspiration for yourself.



Two Tips for creating this card:
1) Use a needle threader to get the twine through the hole at the top of the bell.
2) Swipe ink on the edges of white cardstock to get a perfectly matched mat.
3.) Use same ink to lightly sponge the edges of DSP and cardstock to add depth and contrast between the layers.

I'm also linking this card up with the current CASology challenge.  The little flag in the top left corner wasn't in my head in the original design, but I think it's the detail that finishes off the card.   I considered adding sequins, but wanted to keep my card "clean" and have the jingle bells be the star of the show.



Supplies:
Stamps: Peace On Earth (Verve)
Ink: Lost Lagoon (SU)
Paper: Winter in the Woods DSP Stack (DVWV); Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Tiny Jingle Bells, White Baker's Twine (SU)


4 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I absolutely love this, Heather! I love it more than my card. ;) xo

Alanna said...

A beautiful card. I love the soft feel to it.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hello Heather!! So glad you are joining us!! LOVE that color of frosty blue! Great banner flag and lovely card, perfect for BOTH challenges!!

Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

PS... I would LOVE to be on your Xmas card mailing list aha! ..Reminds me I STILL need to replenish my postage stamps!!!!

Melissa said...

What a pretty card! Love the soft, non-traditional colors on this holiday themed card!!!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)