11.22.2014

Merry & Bright ~ Fusion Challenge

Every year, when I was a child, the magic of Christmas was felt in my room nightly.  My dad would put up his large bulb, multi-colored lights on the front of the house and little multi-colored lights around each window.  My room was in the front of the house, along with my brother's, so we would go to sleep in the soft glow of Christmas lights all through December.


After taking the A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0 class I had to re-create Catherine Pooler's string of lights card.  I created a similar background using supplies I had on hand and purchased the string of lights die from Penny Black so I could make lights of my own.  They are a great reminder of my childhood Christmas.  (even though I insist of having white icicle lights on my own home)



My lights were colored with Copics, then wink of stella pen, and finally covered in glossy accents.  Then my background and lights sat on my table for a few weeks waiting for the perfect challenge or sketch to pull it all together.  The new Fusion Card Challenge seemed perfect to me!



When I saw the big circle in the sketch I knew I could use some yellow ink to create a nice glow.  To add just a bit more sparkle I used some Iridescent Ice embossing powder on my banner.  The lights were already sparkly and bright. Thank you Fusion Card Challenge for helping me create the card that will go to my parents this Christmas!

Stamps: Christmas Bliss (Stampin' UP!)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine); Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade (Distress)
Copics: B02, B04, B05, G02, G05, YG41, RV25, R29, R59, Y11, Y08, Y19, YR65, YR68, R24
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Translucent Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi), Zig Zag Stencil (SimonSaysStamp) , Sparkle String (Penny Black)



5 comments:

~amy~ said...

awwwww....great memories :)

Such a fun and festive card Heather! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the memories you shared!

Great card!!!

Julia Aston said...

Merry and bright indeed! Thanks for playing along with the Fusion Challenge - and sharing your lovely memories!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Sweet colors!!! Vibrant and lively!! Thanks for joining us at MUSE Heather, so great to see you here!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love the lights on this, super awesome! Thanks for joining us a Fusion!