11.30.2014

Red Green and White Christmas

Merry Monday's Challenge for the week was Red, White and Green.  I actually made this card on Thanksgiving day while waiting for the turkey to cook, but never got the picture taken or post put up.  What can I say?  I was enjoying creating without deadlines.  :)  I'm not in time for the challenge, but I still think this is a cute card design, so I'm sharing it with you.  Plus, it's week 5 in a row of completing the Merry Monday Challenge by making at least 2 cards inspired by the challenge in some way.



My first order from Whimsy Stamps came this week and they put in a couple of extra stamps that I just had to ink up.  I thought the "Candy Cane Wishes" was perfect for the candy cane brads that I've neglected to use yet.


My second card adds in the craft color, and uses the second freebie stamp sent to me.  I oopsied and got some red ink on my clear block which I then got onto my paper.  The solution I came up with was to add stickles to all the dots, including my oopsie, to make it look like I meant it to be there.


My favorite touch is that adorable stocking charm.  Stockings are my favorite part of Christmas morning.  It was in the clearance section, so if you like it, be sure to hop on over there ASAP.  I bought two packs and I'm thinking about buying a 3rd one during their cyber Monday sale to go along with the 30% stamp sets I need to buy.  


1 comment:

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Heather, love both cards and your take on Merry Monday colour challenge! Thank you for your nice comment on my post, I appreciate it :)