11.13.2014

Negative Space with a Positive Outcome


Have you ever missed a deadline because you were in the wrong week in your planner?  Yes? No?  Just me?  I did that this week.  On Tuesday I missed my dog's grooming appointment in the morning because I thought it was the day I was supposed to be at the dentist.  On Wednesday I didn't have a card ready to go for the current challenge at StampNation because I thought it was our sponsor week, (that card was done weeks ago) when in fact that is next week as well.  Aye yi yi.  Some weeks I truly wonder about myself.





All is well, and I am back on track with my days.  Thankfully Maureen is very understanding and let me slide for this week.  Our groomer was also accommodating and Bella will be getting "pretty" next week.  Unfortunately I still have another week to dread going to the dentist.  On the bright side, I get to share my Design Team cards with YOU because I didn't get them posted in time for the challenge at StampNation.  How is that for turning negative into positive?



Did I mention the challenge this week (for real) is to use Negative Space on your cards?  Fitting isn't it?   Thankfully the challenges at StampNation never close, so I can go add them to the challenge thread after I post here.


As you can see I was super inspired by this theme.  I chose blue ornaments so I could keep up with my personal 6 week Merry Monday challenge.   For each of these cards I die cut my ornament/circle out of white cardstock, then layered the ornament stamp/glitter paper behind.  The die cut piece was embossed then popped up using dimensionals over the ornament paper.

MM#134

 If you have ever mixed up your weeks like this, I would love to hear about it in the comments below.  If you never have, then please share your organized secret!

If you would like more information on StampNation, and/or to join the fastest growing online community of passionate paper crafters, clicky here.

Fancy Stamped Ornament
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes (SU); Seasonal Flourishes (WMS)
Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark (SU)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Night of Navy
Accessories: Holiday Ornament Framelits (SU),;Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder (Ranger); Wink of Stella Glitter Pen

Glitter Ornament  (all Stampin' UP!)
Stamps: Christmas Bliss 
Ink: Lost Lagoon 
Paper: Various Glimmer Papers, Whisper White
Accessories: Circle Framelits, Early Espresso 1/8" Tafffeta Ribbon, Silver 1/8" Ribbon, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder

8 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love that you were so inspired by this challenge but bummer that you missed getting your DT card in on time. At least you can still share them there. Love that StampNation challenges never close. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday too! xo

Bonnie said...

I'm positive that these are gorgeous, Heather! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Joyce Spear said...

I've screwed up and missed appointments and deadlines many a time - it's part of having chronic insomnia and then going through periods where all I can do is sleep. My nights and days are mixed up, and half the time I don't know if I'm coming or going! Don't even get me started about Spring Forward, Fall Backward! If I had a dime for every meeting I've been an hour late or an hour early for... well, that's a lot of stamps. Anyway, I do love your cards, especially the ones with the ornament stamp, and hope to still see them over at StampNation!

Wendy said...

WOW!!! I love all your ornament cards, Heather! Love how you diecut the front of the card and your pretty blue ornament is on the inside! Wonderful idea! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a great assortment of cards and I like that they all have windows with either color peeking through or a stamped image! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Susan Powell said...

These are all fantastic Heather!

Linda said...

Beautiful cards. xx

Elizabeth S. said...

These are wonderful Christmas cards and love the way you used the negative on them. I must try 1 day to do this. It looks fabulous.