11.06.2014

Thankful Thursday

Last weekend my crafty friend, Lisa, gave me an amazing gift.  It was a "just because you appreciate creativity" gift.  She made a decorative spool holder for baker's twine!  I had to make her a special thank you card for it.  ;)



The top finial has a magnet so I can change out the colors of baker's twine to fit the season or projects I'm working on.  Isn't that awesome?!  Thank you, Lisa!


I used her gift bag as inspiration for my card when I decided on the brown polka dot paper, and pulled the sketch from Retro Sketches for the layout.


rs#139
Isn't that a perfect sketch?  I really wish I had a die to match the curves in the picture, but the stitching on the scallop die tied in nicely with the stitching on the stamp.   The sketch was so fun that I decided to use it for my Merry Monday Challenge card.


This time I used some burlap ribbon and Victorian crochet trim instead of paper.  It still fits the sketch, but ties in the rustic feel that the challenge called for.  If you are keeping track, and I'm sure you're not, this is 3 weeks in a row for me completing the Merry Monday challenge on time.  Woot-Woot!  I'm halfway to my goal of 6 weeks in a row to prepare for sending Christmas cards love meeting goals like this.


MM#133

 Supplies
Stamps: Fall Foliage (My Favorite Things); Beauty of the Season (Penny Black)
Ink: Goldeb Glitz Delicata (Tsukineko); Dark Chocolate (Simon Says Stamp); Versamark (SU)
Paper: Crumb Cake (SU); Misc. patterned paper from my stash :)
Accessories: Early Espresso Embossing Powder - Burlap Ribbon - Victoria Crochet Trim (SU); Stitched Scallop Borders (Lawn Fawn)

4 comments:

Jean said...

Fabulous cards! Great seasonal feel.

Nora Noll said...

What pretty cards you made!! I love the colors you used. I also love your gift your friend made for you. The thread holder is so pretty!!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards! The burlap used in two places on your Christmas card really ties everything together (no pun intended LOL). Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Brian King said...

What a great image for the sentiment of this card. Love how you've used it here. Thanks for playing along with this week's Merry Monday Challenge.