9.18.2013

With Sympathy

Sympathy cards are the hardest cards to make and the most important thing to send.  Making them means that someone I care about has lost someone that they love.  It's heartbeaking, but it is good for them to know that we care.  


Often I make sympathy cards with flowers in pastel shades.  For this card i went a bit more masculine with an oak tree in a late summer sunset.  My friend's father passed away last week.  Her mom past away recently as well.   The poor thing has lost both of her parents this summer.   The least I can do is send her a card and pray that she finds comfort and peace in her memories.


This card is similar to one I made at a Stamp Camp last Spring.  Today's card has the added addition of burlap ribbon, pearls and sunset colors.  If you would like to see the card I made last Spring CLICKY.  If you would like to see the masking technique I used you can watch the video below from that card.



***Note*** If you are unable to view video above, please click on the post title (With Sympathy) to go to my blog and watch the video.


For all of you who have lost a loved one recently, please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.   If you know someone who has recently lost a loved one, please take some time this week to send them a card letting them know you care.  You never know if it might just come at a time when they feel most alone.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Word Play (Retired)
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive, Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple, Baked Brown Sugar
Misc.: Bronze Button (Retired), Burlap Ribbon, Basic Pearls

No comments: