9.19.2013

You Are Amazing!

Everyone should hear these words at some point.  Yesterday one of my friends said this to me on Facebook and it warmed my heart.  It truly did.  :)   Today's challenge at StampNation is to create a children's birthday card.  What better time to tell a child they are amazing than on their birthday?  Especially if mom or dad makes them read their cards out loud.


My main image was colored using Raspberry Ripple and Bermuda Bay Markers.  I like coloring my stamps with markers to get more than one color on them, especially when the stamps are big like this one is. 



For some reason I felt like using a staple on this card.  When using staples in cards and scrapbooking was popular a few years ago I often found ways to include them in my projects, but my little stapler has been sitting lonely in my crop bag for some time now.  I decided to pull in out and I love what it added to this card.  Sometimes it's the little details that make the card.

Making birthday cards for kids is fun.  Take the challenge and make a card for someone young or young at heart.  I would love to see what you make for this challenge.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Blue Ribbon, You're Amazing
Paper: Birthday Basics DSP, Raspberry Ripple CS, Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Raspberry Ripple
Misc.: Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Circle Punch


Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper
Birthday Basics

Blue Ribbon Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Blue Ribbon

You're Amazing Clear-Mount Stamp Set
You're Amazing


No comments: