9.16.2013

Masculine Monday

Last Friday I was in need of a quick card for a 5th grade boy's birthday.  I was looking at my friend, Kristie's, blog, of Kreative Kristie fame, and was instantly inspired. 



At first I thought about dusting off the Cricut and clearing off the space in front of it so I could make a star like she had on her card, but I was short on time.  Instead I used the stamped image I had on my table from the Great Sport stamp set and colored in the stars with a Daffodil Delight marker.  The piece was already cut out using my Labels Framelits, and sponged.  (this is why I don't clean my stamp space, you never know when inspiration will hit!)  Then I stamped Happy Birthday from the Blue Ribbon stamp set. 



It appears I used just about every "masculine" stamp set I own.  :D  Next I stamped one of the Gorgeous Grunge stamps with Smoky Slate ink and then stamped Celebrate, from Seasonal Sayings, on top of it with Pacific Point ink.


How many stamp sets did I use?  5? I was thinking this was a clean and simple card, but now I'm wondering if it was.  :)  The boy that my son gave this to actually thanked me for my card when I picked him up from the birthday party.  Isn't that sweet?


Creative Blessings,
Heather North


1 comment:

Kristie goulet said...

How sweet of the boy to thank you and I love where you went with your card. :)