9.11.2013

Two Tone Thank You

9-11

September 11th is a day with special meaning for Americans.  It's a day we remember the awful attacks on our country in 2001.  It's a day to pray for our nation and those who lost loved ones that day.  It's a day to honor and thank those who serve our country in big ways and small.

Thank You
It is so important to thank those in your life who have blessed you in some way.  I'm trying to install that in my children as well.  Yesterday, as I thought about the sacrifices of 9-11 I made these cards in red white and "blue" as a nod to those who serve our country.  I made them for my son to send out so they aren't frilly or over-decorated.  Thank you cards can be simple.  It is the thought that truly counts.  It is letting someone know that you noticed what they did and you appreciate it.


Half of my cards were (almost) one layer cards, like the one above.  The other half were a layer up on dimensionals.  I like to mix things up just a bit when I am making multiple cards. 


The sentiments were inked by taking my Pool Party ink pad and inking up about half of the stamp, then taking my Real Red ink pad and inking the other half.  Next I took a 3/4"strip of I Am Me DSP (Designer Series Paper) and layered it onto a 1" strip of Real Red cardstock.  Like I said, it doesn't have to be difficult or complicated to be a nice thank you.


I filmed a quick video to show you how I stamped my images.  If you are reading this in an email you may need to go to my blog to watch the video above.


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Another Thank You
Ink: Pool Party, Real Red
Paper: I Am Me DSP, Real Red, Whisper White
Misc.: Stamp Press (Fiskars)


Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set
Another Thank You


I Am Me Designer Series Paper
I Am Me DSP


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful cards. I know the sentiment is appreciated.

Catherine Pooler said...

LOVE IT! I just got my press in the mail today...can't wait to use it!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the two colors you used, Heather! I just go this set in the mail and can't wait to ink it up!

Heather North said...

Thank you ladies.
For some reason I have been loving the aqua blue and red combo lately. I'm trying to get fabric with those colors to make myself a quilt. Can't wait to see what you ladies do with your new stuff.