7.02.2013

A Hero's Birthday

Last weekend my son went to his friend's birthday.  His friend has had a rough year and I wanted to make a personalized card for my son to bring to his party.  Tyler told me his favorite colors (Orange Camo) and we talked about what Dakoda likes.  Together we came up with this card.



At first I was going to make a camo card with torn paper like I did in THIS POST, but I wanted to play with my new Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamps to do all the background stamping and then I stamped words from a retired stamp set onto 3/4" strips of Whisper White cardstock.  Then I put those pieces on some crisp cantaloupe cardstock and stuck them to my card front.   The stars were stamped with Pumpkin Pie, and come from the same stamp set as the sentiment.


Here is what the inside of the card looks like.  Pretty simple.  Sentiments from Really Good Greetings and Teeny Tiny Wishes.


Happy Birthday Dakoda!!!!  I hope this will be the best year!  Thank you for being such a good friend to our son.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Colors: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pumpkin Pie, Smokey Slate, Black Staz-On

Gorgeous Grunge
Gorgeous Grunge
Really Good Greetings
Really Good Greetings

Teeny Tiny Wishes Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Teeny Tiny Wishes

No comments: