7.16.2013

The Perfect Blend

When I saw this stamp set in the new catalog I knew I had to get it.  While I am not much of a coffee drinker, unless it is added to chocolate, many of my friends are.  So, I thought it would make cute cards to send to them.  At first I was disappointed that it didn't come with a Framelit, but it's super easy to cut out.


I stamped the main image onto Crumb Cake cardstock and then stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock.  Both times I used Baked Brown Sugar ink.  For the white piece I used Black Staz-On in to stamp the sentiment and Real Red to stamp the little heart from Lovely Little Labels stamp set.



Next I cut out the white pieces with super sharp paper snips.  If you know me, then you know I am not good at cutting, but the sharp pointy scissors really do help, as do the lines in the image.



For the background Crumb Cake piece I used the Deco Label Framelits and ran it through the Big Shot.  Then I glued the white band on, and used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the lid.  The label is glued onto an Early Espresso mat with a Real Red Ribbon, and the mat is popped up using more dimensionals.  (I love those things!)


In case you were wondering, my sketch inspiration came from this week's Mojo Monday challenge.  You still have lots of time to enter your own card into the challenge.


Now comes the hard part?  Which coffee loving friend will my first coffee cup card be sent to?  I better get to work making more!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Supplies used (all Stampin' UP! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Perfect Blend, Lovely Little Labels
Colors: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White
Paper: Mocha Morning DSP (retired)
Misc: Deco Labels Framelits, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon




Perfect Blend
Perfect Blend


Lovely Little Labels Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Lovely Little Labels

Deco Labels Collection Framelits Dies
Deco Label Framelits


No comments: