7.31.2013

Inspired Birthday

This summer is flying by fast.  Today I needed a break from laundry and ironing, so I went down to the hobby room with a few challenges to try.  :)


My first inspiration came from the lovely photo below at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  As soon as I saw it I wanted to use it to make a card.  :)

 

HSS

I took the colors from the photo as well the little bow on the girl's shoe.  The colors I used were So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Strawberry Slush, with just a touch of Baked Brown Sugar. 



The stack of 3 books made me want to find a sketch that had strips or blocks that I could fill with color.  Mojo Monday didn't let me down.  :)


MM304
Isn't it perfect?   I thought about making the card rectangular so that more of the background paper would show, but the whole point of this week's challenge is to make a square or round card. 


To add the round portion I stamped the flower from Oh, Hello stamp set using Strawberry Slush and Pear Pizzazz markers onto a Tea Lace Doily.  To make the stamped image stand out I punched out a white 2 1/2" circle and adhered it to the back of the doily before putting it on the card.


Even the inside is decorated on this one.  I used a background stamp and versamark to create a background.  Then I stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment (retired SU) and cut that out with the window's framelit. 


Let me tell you, working with two challenges to make a card was way more fun than fighting with my iron.  :) 



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stampin' UP! Products Used
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Strawberry Slush
Paper: Afternoon Picnic DSP, Twitterpated DSP (retired), Pear Pizzazz CS, Baked Brown Sugar CS
Stamps: Oh Hello, Retired Happy Birthday
Accessories: Tea Lace Doily, Basic Rhinestones, Windws Framelits, Strawberry Slush Ruffle Trim Ribbon



5 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

I love your color blocks of DSP and the stamped lace doily. Thanks for joining us at our Hand Stamped Sentiments photo challenge. Smiles, Elizabeth

Krista said...

There are so many fabulous elements to this card and you pulled them all together beautifully! I'm glad you joined us this week at HSS!

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Love all the layers and the texture!!! Great use of product- all perfect together. Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Erin Gonzales said...

CUTE CARD!!! I love all the details and the colors are FAB! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HSS!

Erika Clark said...

I'm glad you took a break in your busy day to make such a PRETTY, pretty card! I love the shapes and colors together, and the ruffle really sets it off. Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika