7.26.2013

Hello Summer

Doesn't this card scream summer to you?  It does for me.  I used a retired Stampin' UP! kit that came with paper and stickers in these bright, fun colors.  Then I added some new white candy dots to the center of each flower.



Originally I was going to make the card horizontal, but when I stood it up on my desk I thought it was super cute going vertical with the flowers on the left side.  What do you think?  


Both directions work great.  In fact I have flipped this sketch 4 ways and have loved every one of them.  In fact, I have already used this sketch on 5 different cards!  I am keeping this design in my arsenal.  This fantastic sketch was made Maureen Merrit  for a StampNation challenge and was based on a card by Kristie Goulet.

SN Sketch
If you've never been to these ladies blogs, you really should.  Both of them are on the design team and I am honored to be among them.  Mo is the queen of Clean and Simple (CAS) cards.  I have learned so much from her and love her style, even though I am more of a "layer it on" type of girl.  If you see me make a CAS card chances are she has inspired me in some way. 

Kristie has also mastered CAS cardmaking, but she likes to mix it up and experiment with different styles and trends.  She's also one of the kindest ladies you could ever hope to meet online.  I just love her fresh card making style and designs.  

Click on the links to go to their blogs.  :)  Kreative Kristie and Mama Mo Stamps


Do you see how the aritsan label is sticking up just a bit?  I did that by scoring it and folding it.  This week has been crazy busy so I didn't get time to film a video.  Perhaps I will use this technique on another card soon and film that video for you.  

Creative Blessings,
Heather North
A Dozen Thoughts
A Dozen Thoughts

7/8" Scallop Circle Punch
7/8" Punch
Artisan Label Punch
Artisan Label Punch


1 comment:

Kristie Goulet said...

You are so sweet, Heather!
I love your take on this sketch and can't wait to see more! Mwah!