2.11.2013

Heart Rainbow ~ PDCC168

Every time I look at this card my opinion of it seems to change.  Sometimes I really like it and other times I dislike it.  I'm not sure what to think.  Perhaps the problem is that I like the separate elements, but don't like how I put them together.   Or, maybe my heart on the right is too big, or the blank space on the left is too, well, blank.  ;)  Who knows?


One thing is sure, I had fun making it.  That is often the point of me spending time in my craft room... it's the creative process that thrills me.  I love the pinks and rose colors.  The hearts are right up my alley, and that banner is my favorite thing on the card.


My plan was to make a video showing you how I made the heart "rainbow", but the more I looked at the card, the less I was sure I even liked it.  I basically stamped, then stamped off each heart frame using the Hearts A Flutter stamp set.  Then I repeated it using the small heart from Tiny Tags in the same colors to stamp in the center of the heart frames.  The decorative edge comes from the Adorning Accents Edgelits Die.



Color inspiration came from the challenge over at the Play Date Cafe.



Aren't they wonderful colors blended together?  I love the inspiration photo too.  It uses the white and craft colors just like my card, but there is also a touch of green. 


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Hearts A Flutter, Tiny Tags, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: More Amore Specialty DSP, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
Misc.: Hearts A Flutter Framelits, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Modern Label Punch, Bitty Banner Framelits, Regal Rose Taffeta Ribbon, Small Heart Punch




7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think all the elements look great together! Pretty card!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE all those hearts Heather!!

Bibi said...

Heather, what a beautiful card. Love the layering and the creative way you used the framelit. Awesome!

Bibi said...

Heather, Love this card and the creative way you used the framelit. Its awesome!

Unknown said...

Heather I don't know why you don't like this card it is beautiful and I love it just the way it is!!!!

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous Valentine! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Nathalia O. said...

I like this card. I think all the elements work well together.