2.20.2013

Tax Woes

I think I need a sympathy card.  I've been working on our taxes.  Owning a small business is nice until you need to add up all those receipts and invoices and figure out where to input them on Turbo Tax.   Ay yi yi!  After working on taxes for 2 days I could sure use some paper therapy though.  It's been 5 days since I was able to make a card/layout.  I'm going through withdrawals.  LOL  Just kidding.  (sort-of) 


Feeling Sentimental Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Feeling Sentimental


Tomorrow I might just take a break and play with some paper.  Taxes aren't due until April 15th, so I have time.  In the meantime, I didn't want to let another day go by without posting on my blog, so here's a new card for you.  This card was finished a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to get all my Valentine's cards posted, so I haven't shared it yet.


When I first saw this, Feeling Sentimental set in the SAB catalog I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I didn't get it.  A customer asked me about it, so I decided to get it with my second SAB order.  I'm so glad I did!  In using it I realized that you don't need to "do" much with it.  The stamps shine on their own.

 
If you don't like coloring in images, then this set would be perfect for you!  I stamped on Sahara Sand cardstock with Basic Gray ink, then layered with Basic Gray cardstock.  The textured paper you see in the background has been retired.  (sadly... I really like textured paper.)


Basic Gray/Basic Black 1-1/4" Two-Tone Ribbon
Basic Gray/Black Two Toned Ribbon

The cute bow was made with our new ribbon.  It's a very nice ribbon to work with and it comes in pink as well.  :) 



It may not have been on my first pre-order, but I'm so glad I added this stamp on my second SAB order.  It's great for almost any age and works well for masculine, as well as feminine cards. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Scallop Square Duo

Scallop Oval Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Scallop Oval

Extra-Large Oval Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Extra Large Oval


3 comments:

katskards-1 said...

Lovely card Heather. That set looks great for Man cards :)
I know what you mean about taxes - I do them for my husbands business too. yuk.

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your card Heather. I can't wait to get this set!
Good luck with getting your taxes done. No fun!

dawnmercedes said...

I love the large ferris wheel!