2.22.2013

Miracles Happen

Yesterday I took a break from "chores" and had some fun in my craft room.  :)  I  needed a masculine card and wanted to participate in a challenge or two.  Here's what I came up with.


The sketch from Mojo Monday  was my jumping off point.  I thought it would look great with the bicycle from Feeling Sentimental (SAB). 


Next was the color choice.  Color challenges are often difficult for me to do.  When I saw this week's colors at the ColourQ I was pretty sure they would work for my masculine card, so I decided to give them a try.  They fit well together, and as I was working on it, I almost made a Christmas card too.  Perhaps I will try that another day.  This would make such a nice vintage feeling Christmas card.


Since the card is going to my uncle I wanted to use the sentiment "Miracles Happen" from the Bloomin' Marvelous (SAB) stamp set.  I stamped it before embossing with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  If I had to do it over again I would stamp in Black Staz-On or perhaps Early Espresso Embossing powder instead of Always Artichoke.  The sentiment gets a little bit lost. 


The "ribbon" I used is so fun to play with on masculine cards.  I've even used it in my scrapbooks.  It was pretty easy to fray the edges.  It's adhered to my cardstock with Sticky Strip.


My main image is matted with Always Artichoke cardstock that I cut out using a die I got for Christmas (non-SU) and then popped up using dimensionals.  I like the way the bicycle piece isn't embossed, while the other 2 circles are.  The cherry cobbler strip under the Natural ribbon is distressed using the new distressing tool.  Everything got a little sponging with Crumb Cake and/or Always Artichocke.


It sure was fun getting to spend a little time in my craft room.  Hopefully I will get some more time in there this weekend.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  Sale-A-Bration (SAB) is going on right now!  For  every $50 you spend in my Stampin' UP! store you can choose 1 FREE SAB item!!!!  It's the best time of year to go shopping with SU.  Plus you can still get hostess benefits if your order reaches $150 or more. 




Feeling Sentimental Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Feeling Sentimental

Bloomin' Marvelous Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Miracles Happen


7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon
Natural Trim Ribbon

Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die - by Stampin' Up!
Square Lattice Embossing Folder

2-1/2 Inch Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
2 1/2" Circle Punch


3 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Great masculine card Heather! Love the embossed background!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really pretty card heather. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Sylvia said...

Such a fun card, Heather, I love what you did with your design! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.