2.14.2013

Love You

Happy Valentine's Day my creative friends!  Love is certainly in the air... especially at the local middle school and high school.  :)  You should have seen all the flowers and balloons walking by as I picked up my kids from school.  <3  Here's a card you can give to anyone you love.


I CASEd the "Queen of Clean and Simple", Maureen Merritt, for this card.  Her original card was all white, but I added a touch of Real Red and Pretty in Pink to mine.  I like the pop of color, but I LOVE the basic rhinestone heart.  Isn't it sweet? 


To make this card, just follow these steps.

1) Stamp your "Love You" sentiment from Seasonal Sayings Stamp Set in Real Red.


Seasonal Sayings Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Seasonal Sayings
2) Create a "mask".  Stamp the sentiment again on a post it note, and cut around the image.  Stick the post it note over the image you first stamped on your card stock. 


3)  Ink your scallop heart from the Hearts A Flutter stamp set with Pretty in Pink ink, and stamp your heart.  Make sure your heart goes over your masked off sentiment.


Hearts a Flutter Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Hearts A Flutter Stamp Set
4)  Peel off your mask.  Now you can add your basic rhinestones.  The inner circles from the scallop heart stamp give you a perfect guide! 


Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents - by Stampin' Up!
Basic Rhinestones
5) My last step was to pop the panel up on dimensionals in each corner and tie a Real Red 1/4" Stitched Satin Ribbon across the top. 

Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon

Real Red Ribbon
I hope you get to spend time today with someone you love.  If you don't have a Valentine this year, consider sending a love card to a friend or someone you know could use a little cheer. 



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

2 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

What a spectacular design!! I'm in love!

Nathalia O. said...

I love the rhinestone heart on this fabulous CAS card.