2.17.2013

Scrapbook Sunday ~ Simple Lessons

My scrapbook pages are fairly simple compared to many I see in magazines and on the web.  That's okay with me though, because my scrapbooks are all about capturing the memories and moments of our lives. 


Over the years I have learned that it is okay to embrace my own "style". I was taught that albums had to be filled with super simple pages containing lots of journaling.  Then the style shifted to pages with one small picture and so many flowers and do-dads that the picture was lost in the "pretties" of the page.  I usually fall somewhere in between the two.  That is okay.  So are both the simple and embellished styles. 


Scrapbooking should be the story of your life and reflect you in the pages.  Don't try to be like somebody else.  Play with your pages and find a place that is comfortable for you.  My pages today didn't have a long story, and I didn't use any stickers or themed embellishments.  The titles tell the story.  It's Halloween and my son dressed up like a ninja.  I wrote the names of the kids from our neighborhood who came to our door under their pictures.  Ribbon running down both sides tied the two pages together nicely for me.

Admittedly my pages usually aren't this basic, but something about the simplicity really appealed to me.   What is you style?  Do you stick with one or do you often try new things?  Whatever you do, as long as you are doing something you are preserving your history.   And that, my friends, is the point of scrapbooking.

Creative Blessings,
Heather



12 X 12 Smooth Card Stock - Brights Collection - by Stampin' Up!
12x12 Cardstock

Basic Black 1/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!
Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon


Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker - by Stampin' Up!
Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker


1 comment:

Nathalia O. said...

I think sticking to our own style applies to every area in our lives! Good word.