2.22.2020

Sew Saturday ~ UFO for Michael

Michael is my youngest son.  I started this quilt for him in 2013.  I put it on the back burner to work on his older brother's quilt because I wanted to get it done before Tyler graduated in 2014.  After I finished his I focused on a few charity quilts.  Then it was my grandma's quilt, then a rush to finish my Aunt's quilt before she passed away.  In between I did a few blocks, but poor Michael got the short end.

After Aunt Cathy and grandma died, I pretty much closed up the sewing room.  Poor Mikey.  Thankfully the Sew Powerful Purse project got me back to sewing and Michael's quilt was top priority!  

The quilt consists of mostly x blocks.  I made the quilt in white, gray and black as Michael requested. 



One of my favorite quilting notions is the frixion pen.  It erases with heat.  I marked the center of each block, sewed on the line and when I pressed the seem, the pen mark disappeared.  Gotta love that!


The nice thing is that over 70% of the squares were cut before I put the quilt away. 




No comments: