2.07.2020

Rose Gold Foil Watercolor Sympathy Card

Yesterday I shared the Sympathy card I made for Meghan Evan's family.  Today I am sharing another card I made for her family.  I made both and then chose one to give them and put the other in my stash.  As I said, I have difficulty making these cards, but it is good to have some on hand.  I also like to send out cards about a month after the loved one has passed and on the one year anniversary.  I usually make these extra cards around the time I make the first.


The background was loosely watercolored in shade of purple and blue and allowed to dry. I attempted to do gold foil by stamping in versamark and using a heat-n-stick style embossing powder.  After heat setting it I rubbed the gold foil on.  It didn't work quite the way I pictured it, so I ran it through my gemini.  Note, if you attempt this, use a clean/smooth cutting plate or the scratches will impress into the foil. (unless that's the look you're going for)  I layered this piece on a navy cardstock that I had stamped in versmark with the same stamp I used for the card panel.  It adds a little bit of pattern without being too distracting.




*Note- The stamp set I used is called Beautiful World from Gina K Designs & Catherine Pooler.  I could not find a current link to this set, but it is still one of my favorites because every card I have made using it is so beautiful and touching.

No comments: