2.03.2020

Sew Monday ~ Grand Central Mystery Clue 2

Yesterday I shared my results from clue #1 of the Grand Central Mystery Quilt from sewonthego.com Today I am sharing clue #2.  This one went fairly quickly.  It also called for half square triangles of my background fabric (I chose white on white), so I cut those first and set them aside in my trusty ziploc bag.  (Same pic below as from yesterday, but it was cut to a different size.)


I forgot to take pictures, but I used Michelle's instructions and the Wedge Star ruler to cut the triangles below as well as get the angle started for the diamond cuts. 


After sewing them together I trimmed off the "dog ears".  This stage went so quickly, and I only knicked the diamond once.  (oops)

After trimming them up I sewed the 2nd set of triangles to the other side.


The final step was to trim it down to size.  I LOVE blocks like this that give you wiggle room to trim down.  The ruler really made it easy to get is centered and cut perfectly.  

Clue #3 is in progress for me.  I'll share that soon.  This is still a difficult challenge for me, but I am loving how each clue is turning out.  




No comments: