2.10.2020

Masculine Sympathy Cards - Waterolor

More sympathy cards today.  I feel like such a downer.  Can you see why I avoided blogging for so long?  Even the cards I was making were depressing, but it is an honest reflection of the season I was going through.  This card has a slightly more masculine feel to it.   I made it for one of our close friends that had lost his father. 
  


The tree was watercolored using another Let's Make Art tutorial, scaled down to card size.  I made it into a 5x7 card instead of the typical A2 size.



The painting was layered onto a light tan cardbase once dry and I added a die cut out of navy cardstock on the front with my xyron.  On the inside I stamped some leaves in Versamark ink.  It shows up nicely on the Crumb Cake cardstock.  I stamped the same image on the back flap of the envelope.


For those who are curious, I did a combination of lessons from these 2 kits listed below.  You can find youtube videos on them as well from Sarah Cray at Let's Make Art.

1 comment:

Shea McNaughton said...

Sympathy cards are never "fun" to make, but yours is a true work of art. That TREE... I'm going to go look up how to do it. I adore watercolors and a single image as beautiful as this wouldn't need much embellishment if any. Gorgeous card, Heather, though the reason for it is sad.

Yes, I'm back. I'm going through my old blog Glitter and Bonbons and trying to get inspiration as well as ideas on doing what used to come naturally. Can't believe I've been away this long, and I've forgotten how to do so many of my old techniques! It's been a crazy 5 years, but it's never too late to return to the crafting fold. I look forward to seeing you and some of the old gang soon. I'll keep checking on your blog. I always did love the projects you wrote about.

I'll share my new blog soon. :)

Hugs!
Shea